Born in Breslau / Silesia in 1942. 1945 The mother escapes from Silesia with her three children. Childhood in Treuenbrietzen in the Mark Brandenburg (DDR). 1957 The family flees from the DDR to West Germany. From 1957 to 1967 worked in department stores and textile shops in Emden, Leverkusen and Cologne. From 1967 to 1969 studies at the Werkschule in Cologne.
From 1969 to 1973 studies at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna in the class of Rudolf Hausner. 1973/74 guest lecturer at the University of Kassel, from 1974 assistant and later Professor at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna. Retired since 2004.
1991-93 instructor at the Geras Summer Academy.
1995-2000 instructor at the painting academy Schloss Goldegg and at the Kunstforum Montafon in Schruns. 2013 guest lecturer at Dar Al-Kalima College in Bethlehem, Palestine.
Exhibitions in Austria, Germany, Poland, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Serbia and Japan.
Numerous study trips to Eastern Europe and the Middle East, Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Morocco and Palestine. Most recently several study trips to Ukraine, Kiev, Czernowitz, Berditschew and Drohobych.